N. Glantz & Son was founded by Nathan Glantz in 1906. Following graduation from Sign School in 1897, Nathan initially made his living as a sign painter in lower Manhattan in New York City. At that time, the occupation required traveling the city streets by foot to solicit assignments. In order to accommodate his fellow sign painters, Nathan carried a stock of sign supplies with him. Eventually, the demand for Nathan’s sign supplies outpaced the availability of sign jobs. He decided to retire his brush and open a sign supply shop.
That shop was the predecessor of what has become a nationwide wholesale distribution of a full line of sign and graphics supplies. Even with the growth of the company, the emphasis that Nathan placed on accommodating his customers has endured.